Pet Bed Sizing Guide
Your Dog or Pet Will Love You Even More When You Buy It Its Own Bed From Royal Pillow! See Our Dog Bed Selections Here
- Step 1: Dogs come in so many shapes and sizes, it’s a good thing that Dog Beds do too! Royal Pillow offers small, medium and large Dog Bed sizes and.. we are one of the few Dog Bed manufacturers who will make a custom sized one to fit that special corner or dog house perfectly!
- Step 2: Standard Dog Bed shapes include: round, square and rectangle. Does your pet sleep curled up? A round bed would work fine. Or does your dog like to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out with head tail and paws going ever which way? A square or rectangle shaped bed would do the trick.
- Step 3: Do you have a brand new puppy or kitten? Make sure to anticipate their growth when you purchase a pet bed. Don’t make your dog suffer a too-small bed. How do you like your feet hanging over the end of a bed? Also with puppies especially, make sure you get a washable bed cover to handle the inevitable accident.
- Step 4: Dogs sleep an average of 14 hours per day so having a comfortable Dog Bed will keep them happy. And make sure that you place it out of the way of high traffic areas so no one trips and also away from any direct heating or cooling sources.
- Step 5: When you first purchase a new Dog or Pet Bed don’t wash it unless necessary. A pet likes familiar smells and will acclimate quicker to the bed if it is used to its scent.
- Step 6: Be sure to measure the length of your dog before buying their bed. Lay it down and measure from nose to hips. Add 6 inches to that measurement to assure plenty of room for your beloved pet.
- Step 7: The size and weight of your pet can influence the type of filler which will work best for your Dog Bed. A small and light weight pet will be most comfortable sinking into one of our down feather filled Pet Beds, making a virtual nest for themselves feeling warm and protected.
- Step 8: Larger Dogs would benefit from a foam insert which would support their heavier weight keeping them off of the floor. Down can be added above the insert making for a luxurious and comfortable Bed, especially for older dogs with achey joints.